Funny right? We thought it was hilarious until...shaky shaky shaky came to Provo Friday night!
The tree landed on both of our cars...Nissan is most likely totaled, Mazda just had some scratches.
Just as we got into bed the wind sounded like it was roaring! It got louder and louder. We looked outside and saw our neighbors shingles and things flying around and sparks in the sky. It was so loud and unlike anything Mike or I have ever seen or heard, we think it was a mini tornado. (The weather channel would probably disagree but they were not standing where I was:). When the roaring stopped I was of course worried about my cute Christmas wreath hanging on the door outside. I opened the door to grab it when Mike saw that the tree next door was on our car :(
I, having a horrible cold had taken NyQuil about 45 minutes before this all happened. We were up for about the next 3 hours. Pretty sure I said some weird things during that time. It was midnight and neighbors and people from all around came over to see what happened. It did quite a bit of damage to neighboring apartments. KSL came around the next morning and took pictures...
It is still sitting in our parking lot just like this, it makes me sad every time I see it :( We are now in the fun process of insurance claims, and possible car hunting. Going back one year ago-here is what our car carried New Years Eve 2010...
and 2011... Lets hope it gets better in 2012!
oh my gosh Amber! I'm so glad you weren't IN the car!!! Jeepers! Wow, so sorry. Good luck trying to get that all figured out!!
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy! I'm sorry!
ReplyDeleteWow I'm so sorry Amber!! That is crazy. I remember hearing the wind in the night but didn't think it was that bad anywhere. Glad no one was hurt!
ReplyDelete