We celebrated our ONE YEAR anniversary on Sunday June 20th! I cant believe we've been married a year! We have been able to do so much in the last year and are excited for the years and years to come.
We disagree with everyone who says that the first year is the "hardest"...if that's true then we are in great shape! We have loved our first year of marriage! I think our biggest argument was about what kind of peaches to put in jello :) Mike is such a great husband, I couldn't be happier!

Funny story, Mike and I actually ended up getting each other the same gift for our anniversary, a CD from someone we saw perform on our honeymoon at the Santa Monica Pier in California. The artist is James Valenti. I created a My Space account just to be able to send him a message and ask how we could get his CD. When we saw him perform we didn't have any cash to buy his CD but sat and listened to him for hours on the pier. I was shocked when he actually wrote back to me and I sent him a check for a CD. Mike contacted him through Facebook asking for a CD, he made me a CD with his songs and other songs we used at our wedding. I couldn't believe we got each other the same thing...it was fun to tell each other our stories of how we contacted him and what he must have been thinking getting emails from both of us for the same thing. Geez we think the same, we must be married! :)
Here are a few fun pictures of us opening up our year old wedding cake. Call me weird but its tradition and I had to save the cake top for us to eat on our one year anniversary.
Chocolate with Peanut Butter Fudge! We had to try it...because we never really did on our wedding day! 
It was delicious!
We disagree with everyone who says that the first year is the "hardest"...if that's true then we are in great shape! We have loved our first year of marriage! I think our biggest argument was about what kind of peaches to put in jello :) Mike is such a great husband, I couldn't be happier!
Funny story, Mike and I actually ended up getting each other the same gift for our anniversary, a CD from someone we saw perform on our honeymoon at the Santa Monica Pier in California. The artist is James Valenti. I created a My Space account just to be able to send him a message and ask how we could get his CD. When we saw him perform we didn't have any cash to buy his CD but sat and listened to him for hours on the pier. I was shocked when he actually wrote back to me and I sent him a check for a CD. Mike contacted him through Facebook asking for a CD, he made me a CD with his songs and other songs we used at our wedding. I couldn't believe we got each other the same thing...it was fun to tell each other our stories of how we contacted him and what he must have been thinking getting emails from both of us for the same thing. Geez we think the same, we must be married! :)
Here are a few fun pictures of us opening up our year old wedding cake. Call me weird but its tradition and I had to save the cake top for us to eat on our one year anniversary.
Chocolate with Peanut Butter Fudge! We had to try it...because we never really did on our wedding day! 
It was delicious!
Happy One Year you guys!!! I'm so glad that you're really happy and loving life. You two seem made for each other! That is way funny you both got each other the same gift. Great minds think alike!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary, Amber!!!! time flies, huh?? I agree with you..... the 1st year wasn't the hardest... it was the BEST!!! That's so funny about the cd. yup! you must DEFINITELY be married! you think the same!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That's too funny about the CD. Great minds think alike I guess :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Amber! I can't believe how fast time flies! It just seems to be getting faster and faster and not slowing down. Hope all is well for you both!
ReplyDeleteLove jess