I cant believe we move to Massachusetts in 3 days! I am ready...but not (in so many ways!) This isn't just a throw everything in a box and move type of move like our last one. Its taken a lot of time to plan and coordinate every detail from carefully packing everything with mounds of newspaper to planning out hotels along the way. We plan to leave our apartment Thursday and spend a few days in Idaho with Mike's family. Jeff just got home Wednesday from his mission so it will be fun to be with them for a few days. We will hit the road for our cross country drive 2,613 miles next Monday. We are planning to take our time driving, seeing quite a few sights along the way.
Our 6'x7' storage pod should arrive in Marlborough, Massachusetts shortly after we do. Oh...did I mention we sold ALL our furniture (except for our mattress). The first time Mike mentioned "selling everything and starting over" I laughed...I thought it was a silly idea. We even joked about it multiple times but as we researched different moving options guess what? Yep-we're doin it! I had a hard time with it at first, I love our furniture, its everything we bought when we first got married. I didn't know I could be so sentimental about couches...Mike has had to remind me many times that its not the "things" that matter.
I have really had time to think about what is important to me over the last few weeks of packing up and selling "things". I have been able to spend lots of time with my family and my mom. I am really going to miss them!! I'm getting teary-eyed thinking about it. I am looking forward to Mike's and my parents both coming out to visit us in October. We haven't even left yet but they've both bought plane tickets to come out! I think we're pretty loved.
Here are a few things im really going to miss...
1. Being close to our families
2. Couches...:)
3. Knowing my way around and being able to just drive to the store without a GPS
4. Lots of friends and great neighbors we have had here in Provo
5. Living so close to multiple temples
6. "Mild" Utah winters
7. Mountains
8. Cafe Rio
9. No humidity
10. No toll roads
And the things we are looking forward to...
1. The adventure it will be!
2. The sights and history in the great place we will be living
3. New Foods
4. Living 8 hours from Janelle and Logan!
5. Visits from everyone reading this...
6. Mike's job and the opportunities it will provide
7. Experiencing diverse beliefs and cultures
8. Beautiful Trees and Lakes
9. The fireplace in our new apartment
10. Being Boston Red Sox fans

Crazy you guys are moving so soon! But it will be a fun adventure I am sure!
ReplyDeleteSounds exciting! We are going to be in Boston for a couple months (sept-nov)! I just bought my ticket. We'll have to meet up when we get over there!
ReplyDeleteCassidy! That is so fun! What are you coming out here for? We'd love to have you over!
DeleteGood luck with your new adventures! We are excited for you!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is adorable! Good luck on your huge road trip! We really enjoyed hanging out with you guys before we/you left!
ReplyDelete