A few months ago a lady in my ward asked me if I liked to sew. I said sure but I don't really know how, just a few basics. The next week there was a sewing machine sitting in the foyer for me to take home from church. :) I feel bad but I took it home and it went in the closet for a few months. I wanted to make something eventually, I just didn't have the time and I wasn't looking forward to figuring out how to use it. Keep in mind the last time I sewed anything was 7th grade sewing class. That machine was intimidating!
I see all these adorable things on Pinterest and decided I was going to try making something for my nephew due to arrive in July! Thanks to my mom, google, and online tutorials I was able to figure it out. It took me much longer than it should have and I unpicked and ruined a few onesies but I ended up with a few good ones! I know they are just going to be spit up on, but I had fun making them!
Not going to lie, I felt so accomplished, they sat on my couch just like this for 2 days as I admired them.
There are a million tutorials on how to make baby tie onesies. I combined a few of them and came up with my own version of burp cloths with matching tie onesies.
I gave them to Janelle when we went to DC in May! Im super excited to see her baby boy and I cant wait for him to spit up on my gift (because that means they are getting good use :)




Amber those are so cute!!!! way to go!!!! Congrats to Janelle, she will be such a good mom!!
ReplyDeleteWow!! I am very impressed. Seriously Amber, I need lessons! Janelle is very lucky to be the recipient of your cute gifts. That's exciting your sister is expecting!
ReplyDelete