Birth Announcement Front-Photos and design by my talented hubby
Birth Announcement Back
I went in for my regular doctors appointment on Feb. 6th and found out I was going to be induced that day {I was 37 weeks}. My amniotic fluid was low throughout the pregnancy and after our pre-term labor scare in Utah they were watching me closely. After doing an ultrasound and non stress test they found that my fluid was "dangerously low" and I needed to be induced that day. It was a little ironic to be induced to start labor after everything they did to stop my early labor just weeks before. This appointment happened to be one of the few appointments Mike wasn't able to make it to. After an ultrasound and non stress test my doctor {who I absolutely loved} came in and informed me she had already called the hospital to let them know I would be coming in that afternoon. I left the doctors office and tried calling Mike. He was in meetings so I texted saying I was really excited to talk to him as soon as he could. I waited as patiently as I could before I could talk to him an hour later. When we finally spoke Mike was like why didn't you tell me sooner?... he was home in record time, we both ate some lunch, threw last minute things in our bags, and spiffed up the house {Yes, I was still nesting just before walking out the door, I wanted everything perfect when we brought little Norah home}. Definitely wasn't a mad dash to the hospital, we even had time to snap a few pictures, the picture above is just before heading to the hospital.
Once we were at the hospital we were prepped on the long process and told the medicine to start labor would likely take effect after 4 doses {12-16 hours}. We'd maybe have a baby by noon the next day. After 2 doses of the medicine my water broke {around 10 pm} and things got real! Until that point we'd been chatting with family, watching tv, walking the halls and trying to rest up. After my water broke I couldn't get an epidural fast enough. The nurses didn't need their little test strips to tell if my water broke...the looks on my face said it all. I was nauseous, dizzy, weak, and cramped all at the same time. They sent me over to labor and delivery where I finally got an epidural. Within a couple minutes I was feeling much better so we decided to get some sleep. 20 min later our nurse came in to move me to my other side because there were some accelerations on the baby's monitor. She adjusted it, left, but came back 10 min later to readjust me. The nurse checked me and to my surprise says "Ohhh you are ready to have this baby, I better call the doctor!" It had only been about an hour since the epidural so we were pretty surprised! We were so excited, it was really happening!! Mike was a great support and coach. He was so patient, Im so glad he was there to help me. Once the doc got there I pushed for only 20 minutes before Norah was born. I was able to hold her immediately.
BEST. MOMENT. EVER.
She stopped crying and just looked into my eyes. I really felt like my heart was going to burst. I loved her so much!! It took so much to get her into the world, I just wanted to hold, cuddle, and stare at her forever. I couldn't believe how real she was!! It was such an amazing experience, all I could do was cry and hold Mike and my little girl tight.
Here are a couple of our priceless first photos together
BEST. MOMENT. EVER.
Labor and delivery nurse and Norah's nurse. This picture was not posed...just happened to be one of the pictures Mike snapped in the whirlwind of the first few moments.
One of my favorites!
I love seeing the two of them together and how much Mike loves her!
He is such a good daddy!
First Family Photo
The total time I was in labor was somewhere between 5-6 hours which I'm told is very short, especially for a first baby. After pushing for 20 min the doctor told me that on the next baby I will need to get to the hospital fast! My labor may have been fast because of all the pre-term labor the months before...making the actual labor go very fast. 
Had to stay an extra day for her jaundice. It was hard not to hold her and cuddle her as long as we wanted but it was only for a day.
Supplementing with formula while she was under the lights. She was a pro at holding the syringe in her hands while daddy fed her.
Norah became "baby girl" for a couple days until we decided on her name. We had 2 names and it took a couple days before we were ready to officially name her. These picture were just before we called our family to tell them we decided on Norah Ann Penrod as her name. Such a special moment!
Getting ready to leave the hospital!!!
Ready to bring this itty bitty bundle home!










I LOVE this post! It's such a miracle having a baby and I'm so grateful you were able to have sweet little Norah. That is the sweetest that she stopped crying and just looked at you! I loved being able to meet her while you were here. Enjoy every day with your sweet baby girl! She is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLOVED the pictures, they tell the whole story. So happy for you guys. Norah is a doll.
ReplyDeleteShe's so adorable! Congrats to you both! That picture of you holding her for the first time is SO precious!
ReplyDeletecongrats Amber, I am so excited for you. your announcement was beautiful! And those pictures are priceless. I've always loved the name Norah :) She is so lucky to come into your amazing home!
ReplyDelete