Tracking Code

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Post! (In February)

Here's my Thanksgiving Post! Yes, I know its almost March but these memories and photos are too fun not to share! Janelle and Logan {my sis and brother-inlaw} drove up from DC for Thanksgiving. It was so fun to have them here for the weekend and get to show them around our big city. I love that we live close enough {only an 8 hr drive} to still get together!!! These guys are too much fun!! We cant wait to see them again!
 I had fun decorating knowing we were actually having Thanksgiving at our house!
 As I left work the day before Thanksgiving these wild Turkeys were crossing the street. The timing was so perfect I had to stop and take a picture.
We did this!! Our family likes to tease Janelle about her cooking skills but she knew a lot more about cooking a turkey than I did! :) It turned out delicious!

 I was the only one that wanted sweet potatoes so I made my own mini dish! 
 Master Chefs-Mike and Logan

 The aftershock in our kitchen

 Happy Thanksgiving!!
 Who needs Black Friday when you can see these sites?
 Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall

 Janelle and Logan took these pictures for our {possible} Christmas Cards. With all the craziness going on in our lives at the time I didn't end up sending any Christmas cards {so don't feel bad you didn't get one}. Maybe next year I'll do better. I still love these pictures!
 Sister Love! Little did we know Janelle was expecting when they were here...she is due in July!!

 We had fun checking out all the Christmas lights in downtown Boston. 

Copp's Hill Cemetery the 2nd oldest Cemetery in Boston. We found a "John Briggs" headstone here but the date was too old to read.



Walked through the Beacon Hill neighborhood. It is such a quaint small street kind of place. 
{My picture}
{Google's Picture}
Beacon Hill is a historic neighborhood of BostonMassachusetts, that along with the neighboring Back Bay is home to about 26,000 people.[3] It is a neighborhood of Federal-style rowhouses and is known for its narrow, gas-lit streets and brick sidewalks. Today, Beacon Hill is regarded as one of the most desirable and expensive neighborhoods in Boston.
 
Boston Common
Boston Common (also known as "the Common") is a central public park in BostonMassachusetts. It is sometimes erroneously referred to as the "Boston Commons".[4][5] Dating from 1634, it is the oldest city park in the United States.[6] The Boston Common consists of 50 acres (20 ha) of land bounded by Tremont StreetPark StreetBeacon StreetCharles Street, and Boylston Street.

3 comments:

  1. That's so fun you got to have Janelle and her hubby for Thanksgiving at your place! How exciting that she's expecting!!! My sister Shauna is due in July too. Hope she's feeling okay and doing well! Love seeing all your pictures Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving 2012 was the best! Miss your face and can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a fun holiday, what an awesome thing to have her that close! So excited she's expecting, too!!!! Hooray for her! I love your sister-relationship. so fun

    ReplyDelete