In my book, a dentist office is something that MUST be clean!! About 2 months ago I read all kinds of reviews and found what seemed to be a good dentist office so I made appointments for Mike and I. My appt. was the day before Mike's so I went and guess what I found...a DOG. There was a rather large furry dog walking around in the lobby when I got there {he even went and sniffed in the trash can}. There was an old man there so I thought to myself "that must be his guide dog". Then it followed a patient into the back and I wondered why he allowed it to wander around like that. Then the man got up and left...but without the dog. About that time it was my turn. The dog followed us into the back and wandered his way around the dentist chairs. At this point I asked the hygienist, "So I just have to ask, what's with the dog?" She responded, "Oh do you not like Dogs"? I said "No, I like dogs". {Thinking in my head-I like dogs, just NOT in my dentist office!!!!!} She said the patients love having the dog around and even called him by name, he's just a friendly face for the patients. He did come over and visit me...thank goodness she didn't touch the dog because she already had her gloves on. But seriously, I was so grossed out! Not sure how I feel about them putting their fingers in my mouth with a dog walking around. I came home and told Mike about it, he was pretty hesitant to go the next day but we were both really overdue for a dentist appointment since our move. Mike asked me how I liked having dog hair in my teeth.
Mike came back the next day and asked me if I noticed all the dog hair on the ground in the office. I am glad I didn't notice because I am really turning into a germ-o-phobe. but I did have to go back for a night guard and after 10 seconds looking around I was really grossed out. We thought this was the weirdest thing and funny that no one else thought it was odd. I don't plan on going back-we'll find a new dentist!
Mike and I also needed eye exams. Mike tried out one place and they rushed him through the appointment and we felt we better go in to another office before purchasing glasses. I searched reviews and found what seemed to be a good optometrist. Mike and I met there one day after work. I pulled up to the address and found a house with a little sign on the side door for the Optometrist office. The last eye exam I had was a nice big clean office that was part of the University of Utah, this was the total opposite. We found a dirty dusty living room converted into a waiting room and a hallway and bedrooms converted into an "office". It was a pretty old and dusty house and his equipment looked ancient. There are so many doctor offices here that are part of someones house but I prefer the clean, updated offices we had in Utah. I found the optometrist really odd {making me feel uncomfortable} but he did an ok job.
I went in for an annual exam {not the type of visit you want to have to go in twice for}. I later received a call asking me to come back because the office didn't get everything they needed. Frustrated, I went back in...waited almost an hour for the doctor to show up. It was a routine visit that should have been covered 100% and it wasn't my fault I had to go in twice so I was surprised when I got a bill in the mail. I called to ask why the bill and was told "because you asked the doctor a question". Seriously? I was NOT aware I couldn't ask questions. I worked in benefits for 4 years and never heard such a ridiculous thing! I know a doctor I wont be going back to. Might even write a bad review.
Finding new doctors is no fun. Getting established with a good one is even harder. This is just the start of some of the funny/odd doctor experiences we've had out here. That being said-we have found doctors we really like for other things so we'll keep trying on these ones :)
Oh my goodness!! How crazy and not cool! I hope you can find some good doctor's. Ask around.
ReplyDeletebah ha ha ha!!!!! Oh my word, that is so ridiculous it's hilarious! Because you asked a question????? surprised these places are still in 'business!!!' don't blame you on the dog office, though..... I wouldn't go back there either!!! Good luck trying to find something suitable!
ReplyDelete