Tracking Code

Thursday, April 4, 2013

February nor'easter

Nor'easter is a new word we learned well this winter. We got hit by the Blizzard of 2013, aka Winter Storm Nemo. I made the mistake of going to the grocery store/gas station the night before the big storm. There was a lot of warning and hype about this storm so everyone was out prepping. Mike and I realized we don't even own a snow shovel. The night before a blizzard is not the time to try to find one :) Everything was sold out so we ended up using a big plastic square tote {it worked surprisingly well|}. We thought we were done with the winter storms but we've had many more {and we still don't own a snow shovel}. There was a driving ban for 2 days during the nor'easter. If you were on the roads you were given a mighty fine and even time in prison! It was fun to not be able to go anywhere and watch everything from inside. We think the news definitely hypes things up and makes it sound worse than it really is. It was a BIG storm, but nothing new to us Utahns/Idahoans. Church got cancelled a few weeks in a row due to storms.
 Our little car buried in the snow
 Digging out



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that's a lot of snow!!! Even if you are used to living in Utah/Idaho. I heard about it and thought of you guys. Glad you survived! :) I cannot believe your doctor stories!!! A DOG at a DENTIST? I would be SO grossed out. Hopefully it gets better from here! Miss you. We need to chat on the phone and catch up!

    ReplyDelete