Since we've moved so far away it may be awhile before you all come to visit so here are a few pictures of our apartment to hold you over. We've been here almost 3 months but its taken a while to get everything set up and how we want it. Before we moved we sold all our furniture so its been a process figuring out what we wanted and finding it once we got here. Mike is now an expert at assembling furniture and we know where all the furniture stores in the area are!
This is my favorite room! So comfy, bright, and pretty!
Thank you Ikea for the pre-made curtains!
Love my jewelry board! I took an old decoration and turned it into a new one! Paint, modge podge, cute paper, and some fancy knobs!
Main Bathroom. We thought we would love this separate shower but its itty bitty and you always hit yourself on things, guess the big bathtub makes up for it.
Took a risk and bought our couches online {without knowing if they'd be comfortable}! After the 200 lb box was delivered we assembled the couch, sat down at the same time, and both said "that's really firm". Don't worry, we have them broken in now so you can come sit in comfort. Right now the walls and couch all look really white. We have big plans for this wall...just hasn't happened yet.
Got to love the New England lighting {not really} Something that's really strange out here...they don't have lights in every room. Mike installed a light in our extra room ceiling and we just use lamps for the living room.
Outside Patio. We love being on the 3rd floor {except for carrying in groceries} and having an awesome view. Here are the seats you can sit in when you come...and the bikes you can use {after you carry them down the 3 flights of stairs} :)
The view from our balcony during an intense rainstorm! I know your all thinking didn't they move to Boston? Why do I see trees, not buildings and a big city? We live 40 minutes from downtown Boston {we have short commutes and can go see the city but not pay big $ to live in the city!}. The city is fun but where we live you are surrounded by green and trees everywhere. Its beautiful!
We ordered our kitchen table online too. Hayneedle.com is great! Mike was at work when this arrived in 3 heavy boxes...I think the delivery man hated me on this one! Again, we have plans for these walls...hopefully soon!
Kitchen! ♥
2nd bedroom {for you to stay in when you come}
2nd bath {also for you to use when you come}
Laundry {where you can do your laundry when you come!} Notice the red tape above the washer...that was put there by my hubby so I STOP hitting my head when I'm unloading clothes from the washer!
I love this little nook. As you come into the apartment there is a fun area with a desk and shelves. Any ideas for how to decorate this one? I need help!
Our apartment community has a nice pool, work out facility, clubhouse, bbq's, and playground {so there are no excuses!} COME VISIT!!!! See you soon!
haha!!! Amber, I loved this post. :) you're so funny. thanks for the tour, your apartment is so pretty! Love everything, and love your faith in ordering everything online and having it turn out awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteWe will come with all 5 kids! What do you say? Cute apartment!
ReplyDeleteThe place looks great! It looks like you are getting all settled in and having lots of fun adventures :)
ReplyDeleteI love it Amber!! So bright and cheery. I love your saying over your bed and I'm jealous of your fireplace! You've done a great job decorating. Miss ya!
ReplyDelete