On Labor Day Mike and I went for a 17 mile bike ride on the Minuteman Bike Trail. The trail is an old railroad trail they converted into a bike path that a lot of people "commute" to work on. The path goes from Bedford MA to Cambridge, MA. The trail is along the same route that Paul Revere took when he rode it by horse in 1775. We started in Bedford, stopped in Lexington for lunch and ate at a cute deli downtown and then rode into Arlington. I rode my {no gears} cruiser bike and around mile 8 Mike suggested we turn around but we were having too much fun taking in all the scenery and history along the trail. Soon after we turned around I started getting really sore legs! Mike even tried trading me bikes for a bit {he looked super cute on my little cruiser bike} We went lots slower on the way back and I decided next summer I need to invest in a real bike with gears so we can go all the way into Boston!
Beautiful scenery
There was an entrance to a Trader Joe's store so we stopped and took a break here on the way back. There were playgrounds, parks, and stores along the path. There were also lots of little kids with lemonade stands along the way, so fun!
Riding through Lexington
Boston and Maine Railway





Wow! Go you guys!! That sounds like quite the bike ride. Fun memories for sure!
ReplyDelete